Sunday, October 11, 2009

Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come For You

My mom told me about my little cousin getting in trouble with a group of his friends and 3 out of the 4 kids (including my cousin) were getting fined for some stolen remote control car. The fourth kid wasn't getting anything because his father was a police officer. I was in a bad mood as it was when she was telling me this so I went on this huge rampage about how unfair that was for my cousin and that fourth kid should get extra punished because this has probably happened before blah blah blah.
Then the very next night I was sitting at home with Steve and we decided to go to my buddy Ryan's house. It was around midnight and I was completely sober whereas Steve had already downed half a bottle of Jack D and a couple beers so I said I would drive. We get in the car and go to leave but I forgot my wallet on the kitchen table so I ran inside to grab it. When I got out Steve was in the driver seat so I said "if you think you can drive go for it but it's stoooopid." I wasn't going to turn down getting drivin somewhere it seemed like such a treat since im always driver. Ryan's house is only 3 minutes away so I figured no biggie anyways.
The whole time he's swerving and speeding and I'm screaming because it's my car and i start hitting him so finally he stops at this one stop sign and leans over for a kiss to say sorry i'll start driving better. Then he pulls out to make a left and what do you know he totally cuts out in front of a car. Not just any car but a COP CAR! I watch the cop turn around in the side mirror and start freakin out tellin Steve we should switch seats since Steve already has a DUI or two under his belt. He pulls over before the cop gets to us and acts all cool saying he'll take care of it. I have a phobia with cops so I'm sitting there sweating bullets fidgeting about to run away.
So the cop pulls up behind us and comes up to the window, I hand Steve the insurance and registration. Just as the cop asks Steve if he'd been drinking I looked at the cop's face and it was Jimmy! I yelled HEY JIMMY! and he was like HEY LINDSAY! and gave Steve back my insurance and stuff and started asking if I was going on this motorcycle ride the next weekend. I know Jimmy because he comes into the Wawa I work at all the time as a biker dude and as a cop. We've gone on a couple rides together and I've seen him at bike shows and such. As we drove away with nothing but a "You guys be safe!" Steve just started laughing his ass off. It was a definate sigh of relief to see Jimmy's face.
Then I realized I shouldn't have bitched so much for that fourth kids fortune of having a cop as a dad. As long as you're on the right side it's awesome when shit like that happens.

2 comments: