Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Ride

Last Sunday my boyfriend, Steve, and his dad were working on their roof and I usually try to help or go clean something around the house while they're busy. But I had a long week and Sunday was my only day to do absolutely anything my little heart desired so I asked Steve if I could just fuck around on his dirtbike which he just got running and I was excited about it because I helped work on it and learned alot about it. All I expected to do was drive around the yard in a circle a couple of times.
Suprisingly he wanted to show me the trails behind his house so he hopped on a tric and i hopped on the dirtbike. The dirtbike was acting funny so we ended up switching but im really glad we did because i had no idea how intense this ride was gonna be. The dirtbike is big for me and would have been hard to handle. I fit on the tric perfectly, it has an automatic clutch which was the first time i ever drove one with it but it was cool. There were no brakes tho.
I was not expecting the intensity of this ride. At one point Steve turned and said theres a "hill", make sure ur in first. This was no fucking hill, it was a steep drop that ended with a concrete slab and into a crick and right back up the next cliff. Everything was overgrown we had to make our own paths. A vine gave me rope burn on my neck and the whole week it looked like i had a hicky :/. I was so glad I geared up and had my skin covered because the thorn bushes were everywhere.
On one hill Steve went to climb up and I was just watching as these vines wrapped in his wheels and he just came to a dead stop and he fell sideways. It was like watching a cartoon. We ended up at some park that I never knew about and enjoyed a peaceful break on a park bench then headed home. I only got stuck 3 times to the point where i needed Steve to help me out.

It was really romantic. I kind of had an epiphany as to why I love Steve so much. He doesn't treat me like a normal girl. Instead of a roses he brings me things like a choke cable. Our idea of fun together is doing things like taking out the dirtbike or going snowboarding or getting crazy at concerts. He keeps up with me and I keep up with him but we both bring different things to the plate and learn from one another. It never gets boring.

1 comment: